Monday, June 25, 2012

Happiness...

"...Happiness will never come to those who don't appreciate what they already have..."

I'm not sure about you new friends but it seems the more time I've been given the more behind I become. I'm not quite sure why but without a schedule I guess I think I somehow have more time.  This is the first summer in 8 years that I'm not teaching summer school.  Today was going to be one of those days when I got lots of loose ends tied up.  I have so many "irons in the fire."  I have two lessons almost complete to show and give, some brand new, fabuloso milk crate seats I've been creating thanks to my Pinterest friends, new tables ordered for my classroom...yuppers...away with my old cruddy desks (yup I'm so thankful for them but oh boy do they have to go) a grad class I'm MORE than excited to be taking coming up really soon...and oh yeah...a brand new laptop that I am MORE than thankful for but like all technology is giving me fits.  To sum up all that blah, blah, blah, I didn't get anything complete today.  I promise that by the end of the week I will have a freebie that I thought about when I was running the other day and of course that lesson that I promised would be done today using my Melonheadz Illustrating friends Oz graphics.  In spite of not getting much done and feeling kind of like a big ole loser I am grateful for all that I have, all I've been given, all of my dreams that just might come true, my health, my fabulous new friends, and all the things that I have that don't even cross my mind as being gifts.  Thanks for reading...stay tuned...my newbies are coming...REALLY!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way during the summer. So much time that I put off too much. But it's a blessing after the go-go of the school year.
    Erika
    2B Honey Bunch
    Honey Bunch Blog Design

    ReplyDelete