Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Place Value...The Mat Has It!

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." ~Albert Einstein

I love third grade.  No, really, I absolutely love third grade.  I think, looking back on my life and all the struggles and challenges and "different directions" and hard stuff, and easy stuff...I really think my destiny has always been to be in a classroom and third grade is the perfect fit.  Yes, there are challenges but really I wouldn't want it any other way.  We don't learn without a challenge; without a good fight.  We get to see what we're made of when challenges happen.  No, it's certainly never convenient, but looking back on my life as I'm sure all can say, the most growth, the more possibilities, the proudest moments are those with a huge challenge.  I continue to look to the days ahead with optimism, strength, courage, determination, and a zest for living.  Happiness...I'm sure I've found it in my personal life and for sure in my professional life through the beautiful eyes of my third graders.  I am truly blessed.  Just had to ramble!!

I posted a freebie on my Teachers Pay Teachers Store entitled:  Place Value...The Mat Has It!  Please go over and pick up a small lil 'ol freebie that I've been using in my classroom for the past few weeks, and truly for a few years.  It never ceases to amaze me that sometimes the simple ways of doing things are the most productive!  Here's the link:  http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Place-Value-The-Mat-Has-It.  I hope you like this little something as much as I do!

Thanks for being my friends and supporters!

No comments:

Post a Comment