Saturday, January 5, 2013

Good Morning My Friends!

"Good Morning...Good Morning...Good Morning one and all Good Morning, Good Morning, to you!"

I remember singing this to my little children to get them up for school in the morning.  Oh how I wish I could rewind today and wake up to hear my 3 beauties; to see them with their little bodies snuggled up under a big ol' blanket reading with their mama...miss my babies but certainly celebrate all 3 of them and their achievements.  I guess that's one of the many reasons why I love teaching so much.  It makes me so happy to see my littles each day and listen to their words of wisdom and insight.  Most of the time I'm glad I'm the age I am (54 last week!) because it helps me realize what's important and what's not such a big deal.  Living through it with my own children has helped to realize much and I use that in my classroom each day.  Speaking of insight I decided to do a lil' ol' experiment with my third graders.  I was so inspired by the OLW idea:  One Little Word, that I put those three letters up on my whiteboard the other day in my classroom and explained what it meant.  I wanted to know what word they would choose, those insightful, thoughtful kiddos.  I left it up all day and told them that anytime they had a word they didn't need my permission; they could just go up and write it.  I took a picture of it because the words they chose were so impressive.  The one word that really amazed me was the word OPEN.  Open your heart to love, open your mouth to speak the truth, open your brain to learn, open your eyes to see all the wonders of our big world, open your ears to listen...WOW!!  Let me know your thoughts.  Happy, safe, joyful today my bloggies!
Love and Peace,




No comments:

Post a Comment