Sunday, April 28, 2013

Some Little "Snippets"...

Where have I been?  Wasn't blogging going to be my New Year's Resolution??!!  This third grade teacher is plum tuckered out.  There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day.  I know we all have those problems and reading long blogs won't help so I'll be quick, haha.
First on my mind:  Mother's Day.  Here's a little idea and more if you'd like to see my store.  Each year I have my students come to my desk.  I ask them to just tell me about their mom...some funny stories, why they love their mamas.  As they are telling me this I am typing what they say.  They are fascinated with my typing skills and can't believe that at the end of about 5 minutes they have a super fabulous letter to their mamas for their special day.  If you'd like to get a bit fancier you can head to my store for a very cheap extra something I posted!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/A-Letter-From-My-HeartA-Mothers-Day-Gift

Next...my kiddos just finished writing their own books.  The program I use is from Student Publishing.  Here they get their own password and work on their books in our computer class as well as at home.  It makes them feel pretty darn important to have their own password!  I love this program because I can bring each book up on my Smart board and we can edit those kiddos who volunteer, as a class.  "We learn best from each other!"  Here is the link:

www.studentpublishing.com

Finally, we have been poetry writing.  It sure has been lots of fun.  Please, friends, find some time to go outside, if you can, with your friends and do some writing, even if it's not poetry.  It's absolutely amazing what they create, how focused they are, and what great product they produce.  I will be taking my kiddos to the river soon to do some nature writing and sketching.  I always find time to do this because of the power of THEIR written word.  It amazes me!

I hope everyone is well...loved...cared for...appreciated....welcomed...smiled at...adored!
Happy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment